Facebook’s Privacy Engineering organization is seeking a passionate engineer that can deliver technical expertise for our Privacy Red Team and execute privacy-focused technical assessments across our products and services. Your skills will improve Facebook’s privacy posture and ensure Facebook is living up to its commitments by finding inappropriate access to data before anyone else does. Candidates are expected to execute goal-oriented assessments that positively benefit our prevention, detection, and response capabilities. This role requires constructively participating in post-assessment remediation activities.
- Build tooling to automate portions of assessments.
- Participate in technical assessments focused on finding privacy issues in internal and external facing systems, products, and services.
- Research new and novel tactics, techniques, and procedures that may be used to gain inappropriate access to user data.
- Document and catalog privacy issues discovered during assessments.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Experience or relevant coursework in an area of offensive cybersecurity, such as web app penetration testing, mobile application security, source code review, fuzzing and/or code analysis, reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and/or exploit development.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++, or an equivalent language.
Contributions to the security community (e.g., public research, blogging, presentations, bug bounty participation, CTF competitions, etc.)
Experience translating technical concepts into language that is understood by software engineers as well as business and technical leader.
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.