About the job
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
If you enjoy analyzing complicated problems, coming up with creative solutions, and working in focused teams to build reliable, scalable, and novel solutions, we want you to join our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in the Core Marketing Engineering team in Microsoft Digital.
Our team is looking for engineers with broad experience in building and running distributed systems on a global scale. We are people who write software to solve scalability, observability, security, reliability, and operability problems.
As SREs, our vision is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As a team, we bring our complementary capabilities together to support large and complex services and to solve some of the most exciting challenges in the company and our industry.
If you are excited by this type of challenge, and you love to work in groups of people who are similarly excited, come join us. We value the input of people who are not afraid to be learning all the time, who embrace mistakes as they show the way forward, and those who are excited to continuously improve both services and themselves. We strongly believe that diverse experiences, backgrounds, and an environment where everyone can feel safe to contribute their own insights in a data-driven, objective, and supportive way is the key to making the best workplace possible, and the best workplace makes the best products and services.
- Work on Microsoft’s Core Marketing services to design, develop, and improve services, platforms and processes that result in improved end-to-end reliability and maintainability for all our services.
- Create and drive adoption of tools that help deliver insights and automation to simplify the complex world large scale services.
- Communicate effectively and partner well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from ideas to production code.
- Write clean and thorough design documents and code that exemplify quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Be a mentor for design reviews, code, and test cases.
- Design systems that prioritize the customer’s perspective and experience.
- Quickly adapt and apply new technologies, tools, methods, and processes from both internal and external sources.
- Design and influence design, implementation, and architectural direction.
- Drive architectural consolidation and simplification.
- Exemplify the Microsoft values of leveraging the work of others and helping others be successful through your behaviors and actions.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience writing production level code in one of the compiled languages such as C++, C#, and Java
- 3+ years of experience in using one of the scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- 3+ years of experience in design, build, or implementation of distributed services, Asynchronous Messaging Architecture, Telemetry and High scale
- Experience with managing and writing services on top of cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience in Monitoring and Observability implementation.
- Master’s+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field is a plus.
- Experience in Observability using Application Insights or Splunk
- Exposure to SDLC and Agile
This role is open to consideration for remote within the United States.
- The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $115700 and $173000.
- At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
- Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fit.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.