About the job
Meta’s Privacy Review Team is looking for a Privacy Program Management (PPM) Intern to help improve cross-functional privacy reviews for user-facing apps and features. In this role, you’ll work alongside current PPMs, closely partnering with product management, legal, public policy, product marketing, security, and other teams across the company to identify potential privacy challenges and drive towards consensus-based risk mitigation solutions. A successful intern candidate will have experience or interest in working on privacy issues in the technology or consumer product space, as well as strong interpersonal and project-management skills.
Privacy Program Manager Intern, Product Responsibilities:
- Improve Meta’s cross-functional privacy review process for new products and features
- Facilitate coordination among product managers and privacy stakeholders across the company (including members of the legal, public policy, product marketing, security, and communications teams)
- Work with privacy stakeholders to develop and drive consensus around creative solutions to privacy-by-design challenges
- Track and document new product proposals, status updates, and key decisions
- Currently in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Political Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Privacy Engineering, or a related field
- Exposure (academic, work, or personal) to privacy policies, regulations, privacy or technology law, policy, programs, or other related field
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Experience with organizing, coordinating, multi-tasking, and process-improvements on a project
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Familiarity with Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PET)
- Experience with data pipelines and query engines
- A passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity and creativity
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Demonstrated community leadership experience (academic, work, or personal)
- Prior experience from internships, work, or projects in a related field
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.