About the job
As a software engineering intern on the VR Explore team at Oculus, you will work alongside world-class experts in computer graphics and virtual reality to build new breakthrough experiences that create a step-change in how we show UI in VR. You will build innovative solutions that will explore the boundaries of what’s possible in virtual reality, and ship those to end users of the Oculus platform. Our internships are twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long, and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Software Engineering Intern – Graphics, Oculus (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Design, code, review, and test software spanning many layers of the VR stack, from low-level graphics capture and manipulation in C++ to UIs in Android and React Native.
- Apply best practice software design principles while keeping a strong eye on performance.
- Work closely with various engineering teams across Oculus, as well as peers in design, QA, and others.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Ph.D. degree with a focus on computer graphics or virtual reality or related field.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience working with 3D computer graphics concepts.
- Basic understanding of virtual reality concepts.
- Experience working in different parts of technology stack to complete a project – e.g. across front-end and back-end, PHP, React Native, and/or C++.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship.
- 1+ years of experience writing software in a professional setting.
- Research or professional experience in virtual reality.
- Knowledge about light fields, depth maps, and technologies related to rich media capture such as 3D photos.
- Understanding of modern virtual reality concepts (TimeWarp / Reprojection, lens distortion, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.