About the job
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; DC Metro Area; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Irvine, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA. Are you interested in building and developing unique technology solutions to solve business and customer problems? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced organization and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2022. Amazon is looking for a system development engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate every day on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May – July 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a system development engineer intern, you will/may:
- Create, improve, or invent tools and/or applications that are a part of a larger system
- Write code that is secure, stable, testable, maintainable and has minimal defects
- Understanding of a variety of technologies such has hardware, software, networking, and operating systems, and how they interact with one another
- Participate in team design, scoping, and prioritization discussions
- Seek to learn the business context and technologies behind your team’s system implementations
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or other equivalent technical disciplines with an expected conferral date between September 2022 – August 2024
- Experience with coding, scripting, automating in at least one language (e.g., Python, C, C++, Java, Ruby, or PowerShell)
- Experience with distributed computing, programs and systems
- Experience with open-source technologies (e.g. Linux, Spring, React)
- Familiarity with TCP/ICP networking fundamentals and application of IP protocols such as: DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, and SNMP
- Demonstrate understanding in the basic areas of computer science such as algorithms, data structures, object oriented design, databases
- Experience with AWS tools
- Experience with automating and simplifying team development, test, and operations processes
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter etc.) and how to automate it
- Understanding of EE fundamentals (fall/rise time, load regulation, RF, circuit design etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $7,530/month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1839465
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.