Distell presents exciting opportunities for Candidates with the potential for placement in our Planning, Procurement and Logistics (PPL) Department. This Internship will be based at Wadeville
Production. The successful candidate will report to Senior Buyer.
The Purpose Of This Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to:
- Students who are in their final year of study and require exposure in a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing in February 2023 and terminating in January 2024
Key Learning Areas Include But Are Not Limited To
- Obtain quotes for all MRO purchases (engineering stock items/stationery/food/filters)
- Place Orders on SAP
- Expediting: Ensure that materials (Stock items/ Engineering Materials / Operational purchases) are delivered according to the order.
- Follow up on queries regarding early/late supply.
- All suppliers to confirm delivery dates and report on all/ Report on deviations and date to be revised.
- Collate all invoices, delivery notes etc. For payment, investigate and resolve all differences timeously.
- Taking stock of consumables weekly
- Check to order stock level of CO2.
- Timeous delivery of RAW materials
- Ensure that materials are delivered according to the order.
- Report on deviations and date to be resolved
- Maintain orderly expedited records and supplier performance.
- Collate all invoices, delivery notes etc. For payment, investigate and resolve all differences timeously
- Monitor material replenishment program on SAP.
- All suppliers to confirm delivery dates and report on all.
- Follow-up queries regarding early/late supply.
- Order and manage all ingredients/flavours for the Cellars.
- Maintain good customer relationships. Ensure good and effective communication with suppliers.
- Attend weekly review meetings with Senior Buyer
- Teamwork (Mission directed work teams), updating of charts as assigned.
- Actively take part in team meetings.
- Update charts as assigned.
- Support and apply the values of the company
MANAGEMENT OF STOCK
- Efficient management of stock
- Control and limit stock loss
- Timeous goods receipts on all incoming stock
- Foreseeing accurate transactions on all outbound loads
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Participate in monthly stock count
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme; Candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record and in the final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree/diploma
- Candidates in need of In-Service or practical workplace experience
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to work in a Team
- Driver’s License would be beneficial
- The Internship is open to South Africans
- Reliable means of transport
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime and nightshift if required during week/weekends
- Successful Intern will be expected to enter a 12-month Contract
Prospective Intern Must Submit The Following
- Covering letter/Motivational letter
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified Academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Certified copy of ID
- A letter from the Tertiary Institution
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto SuccessFactors and following: Home > Careers.
Candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their application were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.