Website Grafana Labs
Grafana is the de facto standard open-source dashboarding tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics. Since Grafana is open source, our user base ranges from finance firms on Wall Street to small beehive community groups. The most common use case for Grafana is infrastructure and application monitoring. Grafana helps companies gain insight into how their applications and users behave, enabling them to iterate and improve faster. It is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to helping the Grafana Labs team build a product that enables our users to communicate with data and delight our users. You will also have the opportunity to help the team maintain and continue to build close links with our open-source community.
The Authorization And Authentication Team At Grafana
Millions of users sign in to Grafana every day to keep their software, factories, and space healthy and performant. We make sure they can do so as easily as possible, and we help admins sleep well at night knowing that their users have access to just the right data and functionality.
As a Grafana Authorization and Authentication team, we are responsible for everything related to authorization and authentication in Grafana. Our daily work often spans both open-source and proprietary code. Our next challenges revolve around streamlining and standardization of the authentication and authorization experience in Grafana, while maintaining our existing functionality, and supporting the community & customers.
We embrace experimentation, and lean principles, and encourage everyone to share their ideas and perspectives. Come and join us if you’re interested in anything and everything authentication/authorization, and enjoy working with OSS as well as with proprietary software.
What You’ll Work On
As an Authentication and Authorization intern, you will work closely with the team to learn and contribute to our OSS and Enterprise solutions. A selection of the projects we are currently working on includes role-based access control, Grafana authentication, Grafana Service Accounts, and Grafana enterprise enhanced authentication (SAML / LDAP / Team sync).
You will have the opportunity to
- Learn about our ways of working and best practices when contributing to OSS
- Pair up with more experienced Grafanistas to deliver new and exciting features
- Review and discuss open pull requests to gain more insight
- Gain in-depth knowledge in the authentication and authorization domains
- Collaborate with UX in designing usable and exciting solutions
- Implement your features with support from your colleagues
- Engage with the Grafana community and get feedback on your features
Who We’re Looking For
At Grafana Labs we value diverse perspectives; it’s one of our core values. The list above is not exhaustive, and you don’t need to check all the boxes. We welcome individuals of various backgrounds and believe that this diverse mindset makes us stronger.
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication.
- You have an interest in the authentication and authorization domains.
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tape.
- You can communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy learning and like a challenge – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows. You value code maintainability, readability, and testing.
Grafana is mostly open source, you can browse grafana/grafana on GitHub directly to see how we build our software, here are the highlights:
- Our backend is built in Go, and our frontend is in TypeScript using React.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite are the main databases we support.
- Application Review
- Recruiter Introductory call
- Manager Screening call
- Coding interview (after take-home test)
What do we offer?
- Work on a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you the feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues.
- An onboarding plan, time for learning, and an assigned buddy that will provide support and guidance for the duration of your internship
Internship Program Information
- Ability to work full-time for 12 weeks starting in June 2023
- You are currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date in 2024
- This will be a paid internship
- We are accepting applications from the following locations US, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, or Sweden
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.